- Jacques Villeneuve will attempt to make Indianapolis 500 starts 19 years apart, bettering Cy Marshall & Roland Free's 17-year gap set in 1947.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mann To Run Indy

Pippa Mann announced today her signing with Dale Coyne Racing to compete in next month's 97th running of the Indianapolis 500.

"I'm delighted to be able to share this news," said Mann. "I actually first met Dale (Coyne) several years ago, before I came to the U.S., at what turned out to be the final Champ Car test at Sebring right before the open-wheel merger.

"We've sort of had an on-going conversation ever since then, and I actually got very close to getting in one of Dale's cars on Bump Day last year. A year later, we've now put this program together, and I cannot wait to be back on track with Honda and running at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May."

The 29-year-old British driver qualified and started 31st in the 2011 '500', her rookie year. Driving the 2nd Conquest Racing entry in a deep field, Mann was thought to be an unlikely qualifier for the race by many. 7 car/driver combinations went home following Bump Day, including Sebastian Saavedra, Conquest's full-time driver.

"We have known and followed Pippa from her first interest in coming over to America and the IndyCar Series," Coyne said. "Her hard work and dedication are commendable and have shown results. She has qualified for Indy, qualified on pole at Indianapolis for the Indy Lights race, won an Indy Lights race at Kentucky and has been a great asset for the sport."

Mann's entry becomes the 31st confirmed car/driver combination for the 2013 Indy 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons