Just a day after announcing the planned world-record jump of more than a football field on the morning of the Indianapolis 500 next month, today the Indianapolis Motor Speedway released more details of pre-race festivities.
Eleven Indianapolis 500 winners representing 20 victories will pilot historic cars around the 2.5 mile track during pre-race ceremonies for the 100th Anniversary '500' mile race.
The legend pilot along with the car they'll drive:
- Parnelli Jones - Ray Harroun's 1911 winning #32 Marmon Wasp
- Kenny Brack - Juan Pablo Montoya's 2000 #9 Target sponsored G Force
- Gil de Ferran - The #66 McLaren Mark Donohue drove to a victory in 1972
- Tom Sneva - Sam Hanks' and Jimmy Bryan's 1957 and '58 winning Belond Salih Offy
- Mario Andretti - 1939 & '40 Boyle Maserati winner driven by Wilbur Shaw
- Arie Luyendyk - 1990 Lola Chevrolet #30 Arie drove to his first victory.
- Bobby Rahal - 1928 #14 Louis Meyer winning Miller
- Johnny Rutherford - #4 Pennzoil Chaparral JR drove to his 3rd win in 1980
- Al Unser Sr. - Jim Clark's 1965 famous #82 Lotus powered by Ford.
- Al Unser Jr. - 1947 & '48 Blue Crown Spark Plug Diedt/Offy winner driven by Mauri Rose.
- Bobby Unser - Joe Dawson's #8 1912 winner with Bobby's wife Lisa in the riding mechanic's position.