- Dario Franchitti 84-No surprise here
- Will Power 69-A solid job the first 2 weeks under a ton of pressure, needs to be in a car next weekend
- Ryan Briscoe 67-Good driver in a great car, definitely a tittle contender
- Tony Kanaan 65-Consistent, Consistent, Consistent
- Ryan Hunter-Reay 59- Great start to the season, can he be a tittle contender with Vision? Maybe
- Justin Wilson 49-6th in points with Coyne, not to shabby, but I expect him to plummet in points now that were on the ovals
- Dan Wheldon 46- 7th, about were I'd expect him
- Marco Andretti 45- After starting 18th & 19th in the first 2 races, I think he's happy with 8th in points
- Graham Rahal 45- Solid first couple races, but can he stay out of trouble on the ovals.
- Danica Patrick 44- Great run for her in Long Beach, going into the season if you would of told her she'd be 10th in the standings after 2 street races, pretty sure she'd take it.
- Robert Doornbos 41- Top Rookie at this point, but how will he do on the ovals?
- Alex Tagliani 40- I expected a little stronger in St. Pete and Long Beach
- Darren Manning 38- He's fighting for the ride, It'll be hard to take him out of the car
- Vitor Meira 38- No surprise, mabey a little better than I expected
- Raphael Matos 36- Slight diassapointment, I think they'll be fast on the ovals
- Stanton Barrett 31- Great job by Barrett, not in the best of rides and has never raced on streets before St. Pete. He's stayed out of trouble and thats all you can ask of him at this point.
- Scott Dixon 29- The 08' Champ is struggling at this point, but he'll recover... I think
- Hideki Mutoh 27- He's in a topnotch ride, putting out below average results
- Helio Castroneves 26- He's just happy to not be behind bars
- E.J. Viso 25- Dissapointed, expected better
- Ed Carpenter 25- Not good on road/streets, expect him to rocket up the standings in the coming weeks
- Mario Moraes 24- After the offseason tests I had high hopes for Mario, so far it just hasn't came together.
- Mike Conway 24- He's been fairly quick, but can't stay off the wall
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Points Standings Breakdown
Posted by James at 11:55 AM